The following terms and conditions apply to all relationships between you, the client, and ourselves, Hudson Valley Graphic Design, LLC. By commissioning us to work on a project, you are agreeing to these terms in connection with our design and associated services.
CHARGING FOR OUR WORK
Wherever practically possible, projects will be given a written quote of the cost in advance of the project commencing. The quote will be an estimate based on how long we expect the project to take and what is involved in the marketing analysis, design exploratory, and production of final art. It will also include the expected cost of subcontracted goods or services.
The final cost of a project will sometimes vary from the original quote supplied for a variety of reasons including:
• Changes made by the client to the project that we deem to be significantly different from the original brief.
• The client delaying, defaulting, or otherwise significantly changing the project and its agreed timeframe.
• Unexpected increases in our overheads or expenses.
• Circumstances occurring that are not reasonably within our control.
• We will advise you in writing if this occurs before charging further costs.
In connection with your project, we will charge you for any materials and services we purchase from outside suppliers.
Any out of pocket expenses will incur a 15% handling fee.
ABOUT OUR INVOICES
Invoices are to be paid in full within 30 days of the invoice date.
LEGAL RIGHTS IN THE PROJECT WORK
All copyright and other intellectual property rights in connection with our work on clients’ projects, belong to Hudson Valley Graphic Design, LLC. and we have the right to show this work as part of our portfolio.
Once a project is complete and our invoices for it have been paid in full, client owns selected design only. You have the right, known as a license, to use our design work, for the purpose intended. All other creative exploratory belongs to Hudson Valley Graphic Design, LLC.
If you supply us with any work to incorporate into a design or in connection with the project, it is your responsibility to make sure that:
• you already own the copyright and all other rights in the work or
• you have the necessary license or other legal permission to use and reproduce it and
• our use of it will not infringe any third party rights
Hudson Valley Graphic Design, LLC is not responsible for final copy proofing of art. This is sole responsibility of the client.
Hudson Valley Graphic Design, LLC is not responsible for final print outcome of art. This is sole responsibility of printer and client.
If you do not comply with these obligations, you accept that you will compensate us for any claims, damages, legal action or expenses we face as a result.
You must not alter or modify any of our designs or other work without our agreement. If you have our agreement, the changes must be made by us or under our supervision.
Both you and we agree to do everything reasonably possible to protect each other’s confidentiality.
If you let us have any items or material, you do so at your own risk. We are not responsible if they are subsequently lost or damaged.
We have the right, by writing to you, to cancel any commitments we have made:
• If you break any of your obligations under this agreement,
• If you substantially change or call a halt to a project while it is still in progress.
If you do break your obligations or if we cancel our commitments, you will immediately be responsible for paying any fees and expenses resulting from us carrying out your instructions up to the date of cancellation.
If you cancel a project, or place it on hold indefinitely, at any stage, we may invoice you in full:
• for all the work we have done up to that point at our agreed fee.
• For any costs we face for outside supplies already ordered for the project.
If you call a halt to a project before it is finished, you have no copyright license or similar rights in the work we have done so far. Nor can you make use of our work or exploit it in any way.
OUR RIGHT TO SUB-CONTRACT
we are entitled to sub-contract any of the work to be carried out on your project.